Engaging employees in Career Conversations is key to effectively developing and retaining your talent:
- Employees who perceive good development opportunities will go the extra mile. 40% of such employees were highly engaged and only 2% were disengaged – UK Study
- Career discussions are a critical succession planning and retention strategy – Fortune Magazine
- When asked to name the one thing that would make an employee more committed to their job, 43% cite ‘more interesting or challenging work’, followed by ‘higher salary or benefits’ – Kelly Services
- Organizational effectiveness surveys (OES) and exit interviews support that 1) employees want to know they have career development options within the organization, and 2) their manager supports their career aspirations – JL Careers Survey
Through this hands-on workshop, managers will develop Coaching Skills to engage in career conversations and strategies to help employees identify their career aspirations, explore barriers to their career development, and close the gap between their current performance and their career goals.
Through these Career Conversations employees will develop Career Action Plans for integration into their annual Personal Development Plans. Outcomes from these conversations can also be fed into your organization’s succession planning and leadership development programs.
During this ½ day session, your Managers will:
- Develop strategies for leading Career Development Conversations using a 4-step Coaching Model
- Master effective Coaching Questions
- Access a Career Development Model and develop a list of invaluable Career Resources
- Learn tips for matching employee goals with your organization’s needs
- Use tactics to close the gap between employee’s performance and their career goals
- Apply strategies for managing difficult conversations
- Lots of time for Coaching Practice
If attracting, retaining and engaging your employees is part of your strategic HR mandate, please contact Joanne Loberg to discuss what career development programs and services would best fit your organization.
You may also want to consider our Ignite Your Career workshop which targets the career development needs of your employees. During this 1/2 day workshop your employees will explore career paths and job options within your organization, analyze their skills and developmental gaps, develop strategies to reach their career goals, and create a Career Action Plan for building their career within your organization.
I look forward to hearing from you!