Fortune Magazine reports that career conversations are a critical retention strategy and succession planning activity. Particularly, your 20-something employees want to know they’re on a career path and need your support to help them reach their career goals.
In this workshop, managers develop coaching skills to engage in career conversations and strategies to help employees identify their career aspirations, identify career development barriers, and develop strategies to close the gap between current performance and career goals.
Employees develop career action plans in their annual personal development plans which then integrate into your organization’s succession planning and leadership development programs.
- Develop strategies to lead career development conversations using a 4-step Coaching Model
- Master effective coaching questions
- Access a career development model and develop a list of career resources
- Learn tactics to match employee goals with your organization’s needs
- Use techniques to close the gap between an employee’s performance and his or her career goals
- Apply strategies to manage difficult conversations
- Coaching roleplaying and practice
While JL Careers is based in Vancouver, BC, we facilitate career development programs across Canada and the US.