We’re more than half way into the year – and if you haven’t already, take time to review your New Year’s career resolutions. Is your career on track? Are you doing work that energizes and fulfills you, or is it time to get unstuck and more of what you want in your career?
These are two steps I use with my clients that help get to the root of what’s holding them back, and access solutions to jump start their careers:
1. Get clear about how you are managing your career
Take this Career Quotient assessment to determine if you are truly stuck, or just need to make some minor adjustments to get your career back on track.
2. Ask yourself these 4 probing career questions
- What do I really want in my career?
- What’s standing in the way?
- Am I needing new strategies and tactics to eliminate these roadblocks?
- Do I have a concrete Career Action Plan to keep me on track, or am I just hoping things will change?
The key to a successful career is having the courage to step back and assess: Am I doing work I love, and if not, what do I need to do today to change that? Then take that next big step: talk to your manager about your career aspirations; start exploring new options; update your resume; or connect with me help you build your career plan and the job search tools you need to move your career forward.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make the decision today to take that first step forward to create the career of your dreams.
Wishing you much career success!
Certified Executive Coach & Internationally Certified Career Management Professional